Quebec has announced new immigration policy which will be implemented from August 1, 2013.
New rules will be applicable to CSQ selection certificate for Quebec Skilled Workers Program, Investors, and self-employed workers. The new rules are applicable for the applications received from August 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.
A. QUEBEC SKILLED WORKERS PROGRAM (PERMANENT WORKERS)
For the application submitted under Quebec Skilled Workers Program (Permanent workers), the following are the changes are applicable from 1st August 2013.
- The French Language requirement is being increased to advance intermediate level that is B2 level.
- Additional 2 points will be awarded to French Written Skills.
- A list of areas of training applicable is the 2013 List of areas of training (to be announced.)
- Total number of applications accepted for period August 2013 & March 2014 will be 20000.
- This Quota is not applicable if the application is filed under Quebec Experience class.
- This quota is also applicable if the applicant has a valid employment offer.
- If the application is already submitted for Permanent Residency and accepted by CIC
- This Quota is also not applicable if an applicant is a Temporary Resident in Quebec and is applying for CSQ.
- The application fee would be $10,000 for review of the application for a Certificat de séléction du Québec (CSQ). This fee covers the entire family. There will be no additional fee for dependents
The applications will be processed on a priority basis in the following order.
- Applications submitted under Québec experience program
- Applications with a Valid Employment Offer
- Application submitted with points in accordance with the list of Area of training
- Any other application submitted by permanent workers
The application for Certificat de séléction du Québec CSQ accepted under Investors category is subject to the following rules.
- Maximum numbers of applications accepted under this category are 1750. Of these applications, a maximum number of applications from one country cannot exceed 1200 applications.
- This quota is not applicable if an applicant has French language proficiency at advanced intermediate level. This is to be demonstrated by taking an appropriate test.
- The fee applicable is $10,000 for review of your application for a Certificat de séléction du Québec. This fee is inclusive of the fee for all dependents.
- The applications will be processed on a basis of random draw.
- An applicant can submit only one application.
C.BUSINESSPEOPLE AND SELF-EMPLOYED WORKERS
The application for Certificat de séléction du Québec CSQ accepted Under Businesspeople & Self-Employed Workers category is subject to the following rules.
- Maximum numbers of applications accepted are 500.
- The French Language Proficiency required is advanced intermediate level. This is required for the principle applicant only.
These rules will be effective from 1st August 2013
For further details logon on to Canadatips.com.